Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Checking In......

Blimey, it's been a while. I may not have posted, or commented on anyones blog for a while, but I can assure you that I've been keeping up to date - just lying low.......

Unfortunately, I've been prompted to post by a couple of sad things I've come across over the past few days. I will, however, move onto more positive things later in the post, so please don't despair!

Firstly, I'd like to draw attention to Jenna, whose Mom recently commented on my previous post. Jenna has been diagnosed with Lymphoma but thankfully seems to be getting along quite well with her chemo protocol. I'm sure you'll join me in sending collective love and support....

Jenna

Secondly, I was utterly horrified to read that Kerrio, and the family over at Blogs From the Dogs, have lost yet another member. Quite how they are keeping going after the year they've had is beyond me. Their grief must be beyond comprehension. My heart goes out to them.

Cleo

Now, on to good news. Lots of my favourite bloggers have new members of the family - Joker now has Dave to mentor and Emily has a whole tribe of new and new(ish) canine companions! Ben has arrived to keep Bridget and Teresa company and Herbie's doing well whilst hiding from the fireworks.

Tilly's a little angel, albeit one with a sore leg again. Another trip to the vets is lined up for this afternoon, although hopefully she'll be better soon. The battery in my camera is flat, so I can't download a recent photograph to post - I'll try and add one later.

Finally, some fairly old 'news', but still exciting nontheless - my brother and his girlfriend have a dog!! Yes, they took the plunge a few months ago, and Scrappy is now a fully fledged member of the extended family. Scrappy is a six year old rescue dog, and I'm full of admiration for them taking on an 'older' dog - rather than doing as most adopters do (myself included) and aiming straight for the younger dogs. Like Tilly, Scrappy is of 'dubious' parentage, and has a lovely nature.

The two of them were getting on well before Tilly hurt her leg, but more introductions will be needed before we let them loose around the Christmas dinner table......

Happy Scrappy!

12 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Glad to hear you're all doing OK and I hope Tilly's leg heals soon.

We also have a new addition to our pack, Brodie the Greyhound!

Lesley Rigby said...

.....and if you're thinking it will be my Christmas dinner table we let them loose around - dream on............

Meg said...

What a happy looking dog! I'm thinking good "leg healing" thoughts for Miss Tilly.

Speaking of new dogs, we're going to get a new dog, too! She's Streak, an Alaskan Husky, a rescue dog my friends' sled dog rescue organization rescued from the Fairbanks, Alaska shelter a few years back. She's in Alaska at the moment, and will be relocating to live with us next spring.

Cheryl said...

Jenna is feeling very cosmopolitan these days, what with her picture appearing on both Linda's blog and yours. Thanks for the kind wishes, Graham. I hope I get to keep blogging about how great she's doing.

Scrappy is super cute! We are very fond of black and tan shelter mutts over at the Jenna household. ;)

sama said...

oh poor little tilly! please tell us what she did, to get a sore leg again! sending good leg-healing thoughts to tilly, of course, from google!

scrappy must be counting his blessings! he looks SO happy and contented. it's wonderful to see another rescue dog finding a loving home!

it's SO good to 'see' you again!

HandH said...

Welcome back, stranger! And hello to young Scrappy - six is nothing, barely settling down ! Hope Tilly gets better soon.

Beanz said...

Hooray! Good to see you blogging.
hello to Tilly and good luck at the vet. Don't let them get near your anal glands tilly, take it from me!
Hang in there Jenna. Welcome Scrappy. Gosh, it's all go over here!
love
Beanz

Ang said...

Hi Graham. You commented on my blog about ED. Cash is doing really well. The vets never did figure out what's wrong so we're treating him symptomatically. He hardly ever needs the meds tho. Once he's done growing, if the limping continues we may look into more treatment.

BamBam and Eski said...

happy to 'see you back' graham!
hope you're doing well over there and send our furry hugs to Tilly - we're sure she'll be well in no time!

... scrappy sure looks like he's having a time of his life :)

Teresa said...

Good to hear from you Graham. I've missed your wit and charm around the "blog table".

Best wishes for Tilly and her sore leg! Ben has a bit of that same never ending energy.

Hugs!

Patience-please said...

Oh I was late discovering that you had posted.
I hope Tilly's leg is okay now. It's great to hear from you.

Kerrio said...

and thanks for this too (and of course my lovely girl was not the last we lost in those dark times, Boots also went in January).

Hope Tilly's leg continues to improve :-)