Wednesday, 4 June 2008

Another Sad Loss....


I really shouldn't only post when there is bad news, but I read that Maggie lost her battle with Lymphoma over the weekend and thought that I'd continue the tradition of honouring these beautiful, brave dogs, and their equally brave and loving families.

My heart goes out to Maggies mom, Emily - who must be feeling like she's been hit by a twenty ton weight at the moment. Knowing that your dog has a terminal disease doesn't make it any easier when the time comes for them to move on - however prepared we think we are, nothing can prepare you for the pain and desolation that follows.

One glance at Maggies blog will confirm what a lovely character she was, and what a happy life she led - surrounded by love and fun. I'm sure she'll be continuing in that vein with Prince, Watson, Cole, Yogi and others helping to guide her on her new journey.

I'm sure everyone will join me in sending a lot of love and support to Emily, Angel, and the rest of the family..........

6 comments:

Chips said...

So sad.

We send love from the gang

xxx

Lindsay said...

Very sad. Perhaps you would like to be cheered up by my new blog with pictures of Rescue Dog and his "Bunny"?

Linda Seid Frembes said...

I can't wait until the day we no longer need to blog about canine lymphoma.

Emily, Maggie, and Angel said...

Thank you... you are very sweet to be thinking of us! Hit by a twenty ton weight is about right...

DogBoy said...

RIP Maggie! :'(

This is happening too much, let's get some new dog arrival posts up :0]

K said...

So sad to hear of your loss.