Saturday, 5 April 2008

Au Revoir (ish!)


As you've probably realised, my postings have dwindled to the point that I've practically given up blogging. This isn't for any particular reason, it's just that I tend to have so little time to post, and so little of great interest to post about. This blog was originally set up when Prince was first diagnosed with Lymphoma as a resource for others, an outlet for me, and of course, as a showcase for the most special little dog on earth.

I'm not giving up entirely, and I may well appear occasionally to publish a post if something exceptional happens, or if I find myself with a few spare minutes, but it's unlikely that this is going to be a very active blog in the future. I've met (virtually) some wonderful people and their dogs over the past nine months and will continue to keep up with their blogs when I can, and comment where appropriate. Of course, those bloggers whose dogs are suffering with Lymphoma will be the most closely followed, perhaps because I think I can share some of their pain, even if I can't take it away.

One thing I've been meaning to do for some time is post the remaining links that I found during the dark days when Prince was ill. It's been horrible having to look at them all again to check the addresses, but they may be useful to anyone who stumbles across this blog whilst researching Canine Lymphoma. I sincerely hope that nobody find themselves in the postition where they do.

I'm going to scan (subject to the copyright owners approval) the two articles I wrote for Dogs Today, and some printed information that the oncologists at Liverpool University gave to me and add it to this post over the next few days - so check back if you think it will be useful.

I'm going to check what Princes 'sister' is up to now. She's being suspiciously quiet.....

Bye for now!


Lymphoma Resources

Liverpool University Small Animal Teaching Hospital

Animal Cancer Trust

Pet Screen

Lymphoma Factsheet


Petcancervet

Labbies.com

Pharmorubicin (Human version of Epirubicin)


Vincristine (Human)

Cyclophosphamide

Prednisolone (Human)


Haemorrhagic Cystitis

Petplan (I hope you've got GOOD insurance!)

13 comments:

Teresa (AKA Cole-n-Bridget's mommy) said...

Best wishes Graham and Tilly! It makes complete sense that you would be busy with the business of living as you (and Tilly) move on. I'm grateful for the brave step you took to chronicle Prince's journey with lymphoma through your blog and I am all the richer for you having done so.

Cheers to you and many more years of rough games with doggy pals!

Teresa & Cole & Bridget

Linda Seid Frembes said...

I was wondering where you've been! I thank you again for your blog. You and Prince inspired me to start my blog about Watson and his ordeal with lymphoma. I don't know what I would have done without the virtual support of you and your mum. Through you, I have met other wonderful people like Fiona and HandH. I hope that you don't go far, and will update us when you can.

Best wishes to you and Tilly.

Patience-please said...

Wahhhhh. (That was a long American whine.) I discovered your blog after Tilly arrived, and I've so enjoyed it. I'm glad that your life is full and busy and that Tilly is doing so well.
But I'll miss visiting with you two.

sadly-
Patience

Emily, Maggie, and Angel said...

I have enjoyed virtually meeting you as well! Thank you for sharing your journey with Prince and your well timed comments on my blog. Have fun with Tilly! She seems to be a barrel of fun :)

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

Take care Graham and Tilly {hugs}

BamBam & Eski said...

hey hey! great to see you 'back'.
was wondering what has Tilly been up to, tat keep you from blogging...

hope you guys (and mom) are doing fine :)

*woof!*

Flowerpot said...

All the best, G and T! I'll miss you but hope all goes well for you. Many thanks for all your help and tips!

Fiona said...

Graham, It was your blog that gave me the inspiration to write about Yogi. For that I will always be grateful. Your support during the dark times has be invaluable. I am sad that you won't be about so much but happy that maybe you will be able to move on a little. Your posts will be missed massively by me but I completely understand the need to maybe back off a bit. Take care Graham, big hugs and kisses to you, Tilly and of course that oh, so special boy, Prince. xxx

sama said...

oh graham! google and i will REALLY miss you!!

thank you for sharing prince with us, and like another poster, waaaaa! i love your blog, and hearing about tilly.

please, please don't disappear completely!

Harry said...

We understand how you feel Graham, but hope we will hear from you from time to time.

Harry x

Beanz said...

Waaaaah! We want to hear how naughty Tilly is!

Ok, this comment is interupted by sensible human who understands you need to live your life. Glad you have things to be getting on with, and hoping we won't need the links but thinking of those that do. Thank you Graham Prince & Tilly, it's been good to meet you.

Now back to the dog whining...

HandH said...

Thank you for all the information, and for the support. It's people who've travelled the road before who can write the maps, and I'm grateful for all the signposts you and Prince left behind,

H and the hounds

DogBoy said...

Sorry to hear your givig up blogging Graham; I always liked your posts, but you've got to do what you've got to do!
Good luck...