Wednesday, 13 February 2008

Hey Fluffy Pants...


As I type, Tilly is roasting gently by the fire. It's a domestic scene that opposes that of a few hours ago quite starkly. On arrival home from this afternoons walk I wrinkled my nose gingerly, as the most horrific stench enveloped the room. Think ammonia, car-park stairwells, and used nappies. Yes, Tilly had somehow ended up smelling strongly of wee. I'm pretty sure it wasn't hers, either.

I've no idea how this came about, but the large labrador cross she had been playing with remains prime suspect. Anyway, she's been in the tub for the second time this week. Bath-time is not something she enjoys, but she does tolerate it quite well. And of course, it prompts that doggy phenomena of zooming around the house at break-neck speed when drying is complete.

As an added bonus, I get to chuckle at her enormous 'trousers' for the rest of the night. She is the proud owner of a fairly impressive pair of 'hairy pants' at the best of times, but after a bath they become all the more impressive. Tonight I swear they extended a good three inches out from the back of her legs. I'm not sure the picture below does them justice.


Anyway, talking of 'les pantalon grand', I'm heading to Paris for a few days from Friday, so I'll be even more elusive than ever on the posting front. Tilly's looking forward to looking after her Grandparents for a few days whilst I eat too much, spend too much time in cafes, oggle beautiful French girls and soak up some culture that seems woefully lacking in the UK nowadays. Of course, I shall be on the phone every day to see how she's getting on.....

13 comments:

Lesley Rigby said...

Better than a kennel at the R.S.P.C.A. isn't it?

Meg said...

ooooh, I am *so* envious! Enjoy Paris!!

At my house we refer to post bath time for the pups as "Poofy Newfie" time. If you think Tilly looks poofed up with big pants, you should see Mack! He's 6 years old, going on 7, but zooms like a puppy and he looks like a skinny-ish Newfoundland adolescent with his long, wavy, and poofy fur.

Chips said...

Why Tilly, what amazing pants you have :)I have never had a full bath. It is only my top end (so far) that my humans have found distasteful (oh, ok, unhygenic)

Have a great holiday both of you!

Harry said...

Post bathtime zoomies are great. Even at almost 11 I can Aire dry with the best of them!

Toodle pip
Harry x

Flowerpot said...

Paris eh? Is that business or pleasure G? Well, even if it is business I daresay you can soak up a bit of culture as in appreciating the female form out of a museum or gallery - au naturel - and imbibing a bit of the local vino. Am sure Tilly will be spoilt rotten - i mean looked after beautifully.

Patience-please said...

Oh how I envy you your dog sitter!!! Have a wonderful trip. I should have put Paris, or at least France on my bucket list.

all the best-
Patience

Linda Seid Frembes said...

Fantastic pantaloons. Makes Waldo (he of thin fur) very jealous. Have a great trip to Paris! Someday when the dollar doesn't stink, we'll be back across the pond.

Joker The Lurcher said...

she looks so cosy! and what great bloomers! have a great time in paris

BamBam & Eski said...

oh yes, tell me about the 'break-neck' speed! mine can be running and growling at the same time.

oooh Paris sounds good. enjoy while u're there :)

*hugz to Tilly and her... trousers*

Nunhead Mum of One said...

loved the furry pants pic! all three of my dogs, as they dry after their bath, get what I call a "chicken bum" - all feathery and whispy just like, well, a chicken's bum!

In fact, just the cry of "chicken bum!" is enough to set all three off runing round like headless fowl in excitement!

DoGGa said...

LOL - I love washing dogs and yes, why do they zoom round place after being washed. Very odd and brings back fond memories of my friends old dog :]

sama said...

aaah - if ONLY! google screams the house down with terror so is bathed elsewhere now, by a brilliant lady who has two westies of her own.

tilly is a good girl to tolerate baths so well!

Fiona said...

Well, I expect you and Tilly are having the time of your lives. I wonder if the same can be said for your long suffering Mum and Dad? :o) Just kidding, I bet they are having a ball ;o)