Monday, 3 December 2007

Tagged by the Waggle.....

Patience and the whippet waggle have tagged me to give five random facts about myself, so here we go....

Rules:Link to the tagger and post these rules on your blog. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1) I'm so sad that I cook, and vacuum pack, individual portions of carrots and meat for Tillys meals, and used to do the same for Prince.

2) In a similar vein (and partially in answer to one of Fionas previous comments), I must be one of very few single men in their early thirties that prefers a well cut tweed jacket to the latest 'cool' design....

3) I come from a family full of solicitors, yet never considered following the family tradition and considering law as a career. Much to my parents horror, I left school to muck-out horses. I did ultimately return to university a couple of years later, and ride horses purely for recreation now!

4) I have bizarre musical tastes - ranging from Motley Crue to Jamiroquai, and taking in hard house, Mozart and jazz along the way....

5) I'm obsessed with the colour and consistency of dog poop. Of course, all dog owners are though.....

I'm going to tag The Lurchers, and Joker, Herbie, Yogi and Googles parents to do the same....

16 comments:

Patience-please said...

Well, good merciful heavens, I left school to work with horses! My sister was the first woman to graduate from Princeton, and I decided to muck, ride and teach. (I also cooked for my dogs for 10 years until moving to the South, where there is so much antibiotics in the chicken that it was messing with their bellies.) After going back to feeding dog food three years ago, I still feel guilty every time I put kibble in their dishes.
Small world!
Thanks for playing along - I'm going to see who you tagged.
all the wordy best-
Patience

Flowerpot said...

always interesting to hear weird and wonderful facts, G!

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

Done mine!!

DoGGa said...

Interesting list, but if I ever get a dog, I'm not usre number 5 will apply... or will it? :0]

Lesley Rigby said...

I am of the same mind as Dogga. For anyone who doesn't know already I am Graham's Mother and often look after his dogs, but I am TOTALLY uninterested in what dogs have to do! I have always picked it with a plastic bag when necessary (husband not around), but I find the whole procedure AWFUL.

Graham, Prince & Tilly said...

Patience - I don't blame you for avoiding the chicken!

Dogga / Mum - I would assert that 99% of dog owners ARE obsessed with their dogs 'movements'. Not necessarily to the point of squidging it through your fingers (!) - but in the context of whether they've done anything, how many times that day, was it too loose, too firm, or just right, what about the volume, etc....!? I don't suppose it matters too much when you're just looking after a dog for a day or two, but as a full time owner it becomes very important!!!

Graham, Prince & Tilly said...

So yes, should you become an owner in the future Dogga - you have poo obsession to look forward to!

Graham, Prince & Tilly said...

FP - Weird yes, wonderful - maybe not in my case!

AOJ - You're quick off the mark, I'm impressed!

Lesley Rigby said...

I suppose when I think back to you as a baby I was interested!

Fiona said...

Graham, dog poo is my bible....Hallelujah - I am not alone :o)

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

Oh yes. Poo obsession. Goes with the territory of dog ownership I'm afraid!!

Balboa & Mommy said...

My mommy examines my poop too!!!!!! I guess you humans love dog poop

My mommy ALSO makes my food and puts it in little baggies too!!!! I guess that's what dog love is all about, hee hee

FRenchie SNorts
Balboa

Patience-please said...

Oh, yes, poo patrole: so much more to it than just picking it up!

Oh, and would you please thank your mom for her generous words about my book? I don't know how to contact her other than through you.
Thanks!

all the best-
Patience

Meg said...

What *is* the latest cool design in jackets anyway? Who knows and who cares? Tweed always rules (or maybe I just think so because I read too many pony books as a kid and it warped my mind).

Also, we're a bit poo obsessed over here, too, although it's mostly because these two little monkey brats keep eating or attempting to eat things they shouldn't. They think it's a great, fun "game" and we're always trying to find out what we missed seeing them eat so we can be more vigilant in the future.

I prep and freeze large batches of training treats and sometimes doggie meals, so that seems normal to me, too.

Well, if you're "weird" I guess I am too. Must run with the job of being obsessive dog parent. No wonder I haven't had a date in ages. Just too pupply obsessed, I guess!

Graham, Prince & Tilly said...

Aha - thanks for all your comments! It seems that I'm far from the only one obsessed with poop and preparing fresh food for my dogs...

If I play my cards right, I may even bag a date with Meg.... Oh bugger, she's a few thousand miles away!

Joker The Lurcher said...

dear graham and tilly,

i only just got round to doing mine - you see the dog ate my homework...

joker