Sunday, 2 December 2007

A Model Hostess....

Tilly thoroughly enjoyed entertaining her visitors last night, and was the perfect hostess. She would have made Prince very proud - she's picked up where he left off in terms of making people feel welcome and ensuring they have a smile on their face throughout the evening.

Of course, excitement levels were at +10, and any hope of limiting mobility for the sake of her leg was ditched early on. Thankfully, her leg seems to be getting much better - we're up to two short walks a day now, with her being free to run around like a lunatic on one of them. Thus far she doesn't seem to be suffering any ill-effects. She's still a little frustrated, as this clearly isn't enough exercise for her needs, but hopefully we'll be back to normal in a few days and doing a couple of hours a day.


All in all it was a very pleasant evening. As far as I'm aware, I didn't poison anyone with my food. Nobody came to blows. Tilly didn't steal anything from the table, or wee in the dining room. It was necessary to have a medicinal cognac after they'd all left though......

I'm exhausted today, and Tilly's sulking with me at the moment as I'm having a break from playing ball. I would consider having another game, but if the goddamn-freaking-piece-of-sh*t tennis ball goes under the sofa once more, and requires retrieval, I'll be forced to kill myself.

I've escaped to the computer for some respite. For a little while I've been meaning to link to a couple of blogs I've been enjoying of late. The first, Bona Vacantia, is centred around Joker the lurcher and his family. There's some brilliant photography (what is it that makes lurcher owners so good with a camera?) and they seem a lovely family. The second is about a Westie called Google, hence the blog name - My Life with Google. In typical terrier form, tales of misdemeanor come thick and fast!

7 comments:

Patience-please said...

Glad Tilly is doing so well. I love Joker's blog and must go check out the other one.
Has your mom started the book yet?
all the best-
Patience

Flowerpot said...

I see what you mean - amazing photography - good reads, thanks G.

Linda Seid Frembes said...

I;m so glad she is feeling better!

Patience-please said...

You've been tagged! Please go to my blog to see the details.
(It's not bad...)
all the best-
Patience

Lesley Rigby said...

You need to put a piece of chicken wire around the base of your sofa!
That will look good won't it?

Harry said...

Ma can sympathise with the tennis ball under the sofa issues. Cassidy used to be able to fit under the sofa to get them out herself, but now she's grown too big. Ma just keeps a pile handy, and when they're all under there it's game over!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

Joker The Lurcher said...

oh wow! that's my name! thank you for the link and for the nice things you have said! (joker blushes behind his paws)