Saturday, 8 December 2007

Dishevelled.....


I'm feeling somewhat jaded today, having spent last night at that most dreaded occasion - the office Christmas 'do'. Quite why, as a city-based company, our Christmas events are always held in the over-hyped West-end, I do not know. Doing battle with the crowds of tourists, pick-pockets and general detritus of the capital city never seems the greatest idea to me, when there are far better parts of London to go out in. Anyway, the evening consisted of a meal in Chinatown, followed by several Soho bars, and then ending up at the Camouflage Club. All in all, it was tolerable - I conformed by getting reasonably drunk, jigging about on the dancefloor, and pretending I was interested in my colleagues inane ramblings.

Whilst all this was going on, Tilly was in the capable hands of her grandparents. Her leg seems fine now, and she's back to her usual level of exercise, so they've had the unenviable task of walking her in Britains revoltingly wet climate. I'm going to collect her shortly, but by all accounts she's been fine - if slightly mischievous. I'm told that she's been in a certain amount of trouble, firstly for pinching a chicken bone from the kitchen (although no-one can quite work out how she reached it), and secondly for chewing one of the burglar alarm sensors. Thankfully, I have no doubt that by now she will have 'the aulds' comfortably wrapped around her paw once again......

5 comments:

Patience-please said...

Oh I've had the best chuckle. Last night was the Christmas party for the Agility gang members of our Kennel Club. What a culture trip from the west end of London to the west end of rural Kentucky!
I feel a future blog entry coming on...
Glad Tilly's all better-
Patience

Lesley Rigby said...

No doubt in my mind how she ended up with a chicken bone. Long dog - long legs - nose on worktops and leg stretched even further. We didn't dangle the bones on strings over the edge of the work top as Graham might suspect!

DoGGa said...

Yes, work's parties are always one of those things - I've been to some awsome ones and been to some mediocre ones too. I'm not going to mine this year :[]

Flowerpot said...

glad Tilly's feeling better. Sounds as though the christmas party wasn't THAT bad. Taht's the good thing about being self employed - no office parties!

Graham, Prince & Tilly said...

Oh Patience - your night out sounds far more to my taste!

Dogga - I'd always had you down as the sociable type! You're right though, there are some good ones....

FP - Yes, self-employment holds a great appeal!