Wednesday, 24 October 2007

Tilly's just been watching 'The Nature of Britain', and she was particularly enthralled by the rutting stags at Richmond Park, and the parakeets that have taken up residence in a number of other London parks.

She's generally quite impressed with wildlife at the moment, particularly the local squirrel population. My garden (yes Em, it is my garden in the photographs below - you can tell by the weeds!), backs onto a small wood that's absolutely teeming with squirrels at the moment. At any opportunity Tilly is flying up the garden in hot pursuit. There's no great danger in her doing this - there are no roads in that direction, but I do get nervous whenever she's out of sight. She's so damned quick that you only need blink and she's disappeared......

She's been very good this week though. I've been quite busy, and had to go out quite a lot, and she's dealt with it well. I think she was concerned that I'd become a rampant cocaine addict when I arrived back in yesterday, with my face covered in white powder, but I'd been to the dentist to have my teeth 'sandblasted' with bicarbonate of soda. I got a few funny looks in the shop I called into on the way home too.

I'm exhausted today. We were up before the sun this morning - which isn't early for many, but certainly is for me. I had a couple of early meetings and taking Tilly for a quick dash around the block before work simply isn't an option, so we had to get up in time to go for a good hour-long hike as usual. Scenting conditions were very good due to the frost and early hour - so she dashed around following trails happily. I blearily stumbled after her, intermittently swearing, falling over logs, and straining to see her in the distance.

The house was in one piece when I got back from the utterly tedious and unproductive meetings, so she remains in good books. Another two walks, and a lot of ball-playing later, I haven't got a shred of energy left. And guess what? She's asleep.......

2 comments:

Flowerpot said...

hope you had a good night's sleep after all that, G! She's evidently worn you out...

Em said...

If I took Mollie for an hour long walk at dawn, I wouldn't be the one stumbling over logs and cursing. In fact it would probably be a struggle to get her out of the house. Definitely solar-powered.