Thursday, 4 October 2007

Out and A-Snout

Poor little Tilly has a very mangled nose today. I think she's been bitten or stung by something, but I'm really not sure. I didn't notice it when I first let her out this morning, which doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't there as she's a bit of a blur first thing, but it was very obvious after she'd had her breakfast. It's really quite odd - I wasn't sure whether she'd bashed it overnight at first, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case now as it's not sore or grazed. She's got a big, obvious lump made up a few other little lumps, right on the 'bridge' of her nose. It seems to be a little itchy and over the past couple of hours some of the smaller lumps have started to ooze a clear / red fluid. I now strongly suspect that she shoved her nose into a shrub before breakfast and something (plant or insect) took exception to this. It looks decidedly grizzly now and she won't let me post a close up photograph as it ruins her usual good-looks. If it's not gone down by tomorrow I'll have to take her to the vets in case she needs some antihistamines or other treatment for it, but I think it just needs a little time.

She also frightened me to death this morning whilst we were out walking by disappearing for no apparent reason. It's the most awful realisation that you've no idea where your dog is, and that they're not responding to your calls. Thankfully she reappeared a few minutes later, but I was starting to worry. This leads me to ask the question - if your dog disappears whist you're on a walk - is it best to stay where you last saw them, or start scouring the surrounding area?

This afternoon she's taken to replicating another of Princes behaviours - lolling around on her (his?) bed on the bench. I understand that she's discussed this with him and he has no objections.....
He said I could - honestly!

Anyway, for the second day on the run I've achieved very little work-wise, so must tie a few things up before the end of the day.....

6 comments:

Kerrio said...

Is the snout any better yet?

Stinking Billy said...

Mutley pointed me your way because of my experience this week with my daughter's dog. I enjoyed your post.

shelby said...

Hi Graham & Tilly
Poor Tilly, I hope her nose is better soon. Just got back from holiday and couldn't wait to catch up on Tilly. You mention that her behaviour resembles Prince, it's so funny, because I think the very exact same of Bailey. I think Prince and Benji are keeping a close eye on these youngsters......

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Ouch, poor Tilly. Hope your nose is looking better.

You look most at home on Prince's cushion young lady!

Katy x

Flowerpot said...

poor girl I hope her nose is better by the time you get this. Lovely picture Graham! she looks very at home.

Em said...

How's the schnozz this morning?

She looks so at home on the bench... :D

Em