Thursday, 18 October 2007

Little & Large

All is quiet in the house as I write. 'Trotter' is upside down, asleep, with her head under the cushion. She's been in bad books today after leaving yet another puddle in the dining room last night. The dining room is quickly becoming her own personal latrine - free from the autumnal draughts of the garden, and conveniently close to the kitchen and its culinary delights. I'll boot her all around the bloody garden if I catch her relieving herself a foot from my dining table again.....

I took her to Tatton Park today, to meet up with 'Grandma' for a walk. She was very well behaved, and had a jolly good run around with a fellow pooch of dubious parentage. Mother barely got a look-in with Tilly who was in 'canine athlete' mode, and interested only in rushing around like her life depended on it. Regardless of how much she does during her afternoon walk, she's never tired when she gets home. After her morning walk she always passes out for an hour or two, but there's no such respite later in the afternoon. She continues to buzz around like a fly in a jar until about nine o'clock, when she admits defeat and falls asleep.

The 'Little and Large' title refers to my neighbours comical duo of dogs - a flat coat retriever and a miniature schnauzer. The retriever is a youthful lunatic - boisterous, yet very amiable. The schnauzer is much older, wiser and incredulous at the antics of his older brother. I had the unenviable task of letting them both out yesterday afternoon, as my neighbours were due to be out until early evening. I had great concerns about the retriever heading for the hills, but thankfully I managed to fulfil my duty without major incident. I took a quick photograph of each of them....
Tosca - complete with almost permanently 'inside-out' ears....

Tudwall - decidedly unimpressed with his brothers antics.....

6 comments:

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

You take great phot's of the dogs and the surrounding area. All I ever manage to get is a dogs backside as they disappear just before I click the camers.

Harry said...

Naughty Tilly! I am steeling myself for toilet training the pup. Oscar came to us at 14 weeks pretty well trained so I'll be a novice!

Have a good weekend.

Katy

Flowerpot said...

hope Tilly's toilet training improves - it's a long business isnt it? Great pics of the dogs though. I need to pick your brains, G. Can you email me please on flower.pot@btinternet.com? Many thanks.

Em said...

Hi Graham. Thanks for the nudge - I've been lacking the will to write for a few days, but I've updated the blog with details of our walk at the weekend! Am lacking sparkle at the moment - just want to hibernate...

Hope Tilly gets the hang of going out - I can sympathise as the cats occasionally protest at the weather by using the living room or kitchen as a toilet. Grrr...

Patience-please said...

Is your gramma Lesley? If so, give her lovely nosedabs from us. She is so kind.
the whippet waggle

Jasmine said...

Tilly's really a ball of energy!

Eski here seems to be more active after being spayed, and been releasing herself on our kitchen floor! but dint catch her redhanded so we just clean the mess after her..

hey the schnauzer looks cute!