Sunday, 21 October 2007

Funny Face


I'll be in dreadful trouble with Tilly for posting this rather unflattering picture, but I thought it was quite comical. She was mid-sneeze when it was taken...!

You'll note that she's also been chewing a stick in the photograph. To me, this is fairly typical of dogs in general - you provide an unlimited range of rawhide treats, and the pooch chooses a stick from the garden to chew instead.....

With the exception of rawhide, which was always gratefully accepted, Prince was the same. Over the years, hundreds of expensive dog toys were purchased and offered with a flourish. Hundreds of dogs toys were then destroyed in a matter of seconds before being discarded for good. The best toys were always, in order of preference - me ('Daddy-Kong'), and an old sock tied up with a ball at the end. I'd give anything to see him now, sitting in the middle of piles of toy-stuffing, usually with a bit sticking out of his mouth, wondering what Daddy was going to do to entertain him next.

7 comments:

Jasmine said...

wat a classic, awesome picture G!
one of those candid pictures that's hard to come by!

thanx for sharing.

Lesley Rigby said...

I must take a photograph of you the next time you are in mid sneeze!

Em said...

Mollie doesn't like sticks... and she has a new favourite chew - chicken jerky. Doesn't last long, though. But I'm still her favourite toy! Yesterday I'd stopped playing but Mollie wanted to carry on so she threw her sheep at me and gave me a wet nose to the elbow, then rolled over on her back while play growling and wriggling. How could I resist?

Lesley - yes please!! ;)

Linda Seid Frembes said...

These two photos are fantastic. The one of Tilly in mid-sneeze is classic! Waldo does the same thing as Prince does with any stuffed toy - he rips the guts out and then loses interest.

Ting said...

Hello graham, prince and tilly!

First time posting here and i've enjoyed every single one of your posts!
And oh my, I so agree on what the pooches do, we give them the best toys, but they always choose to go for the sticks and what not. My boy would rather put his head in the dustbin and carry all the tissue paper he can find to some corner to strew them all over.

Thanks for sharing!

Patience-please said...

It's raining *still* and the waggle is bored, bored, bored. The sneeze made us smile!
thanks-
Patience and the yawn whippet waggle

Graham, Prince & Tilly said...

Thanks Jasmine - I usually miss them by a second!

B*gger off mother (Lesley) - don't you dare!!

Don't encourage her Em! Prince used ot do very similar things to Mollie in an attempt to get attention. I used to refer to him as 'performing'...

Little Waldo sounds like a real character!

Hi Ting - thanks for your comment. Why is it that dogs have a thing about tissues?!

I'm glad you're back safely Patience - I hope it stops raining soon! I'll bet California would be glad of some....