Wednesday, 17 October 2007

Four Legged Fiends

Tilly was faced not only by horses, but also by cows on this mornings walk. Neither are her favourite things, and both species tend to trigger a round of growling and barking. She sees lots of them most days - but doesn't seem to be improving. This is a little frustrating, as I ride horses and we live in an area with an enormous number of cows. Oh well, I guess perseverence is the key...
We're waiting for the horses to move, the horses are waiting for the cows to move, and god only knows what the bloody cows were waiting for!

She also met her enormous pack this morning, but we moved on fairly quickly as a couple of new-comers had thrown the pecking order out slightly and a few squabbles were breaking out amongst the others. We decided to cut and run before a monumental fight broke out.......

2 comments:

Flowerpot said...

Mollie's not keen on horses either - which is strange considering she was brought up in stables! As for cows - she can't quite make them out. She runs forward then darts back to hide behind me! Good game Mum.

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Ah, I am new to your blog and found my way here from Stinkingbilly's blog. God, after reading his about his little Jack Russel and now your log I'm soggy with tears. I have two Jack Russels that I adore and can't bear the though of taking them to the vet eventually. I've done it all my life with the pets that I have owned as I could never leave them to die alone and so I can understand your grief for such a great fellow of a dog. Long live Tilly eh?