Sunday, 7 October 2007

Dull, Dull, Dull...

There's not a lot to report from the Tilly-household I'm afraid. Tillys snout is recovering but still very obviously swollen. She met Angus this morning, who thankfully seemed unconcerned that his girlfriend appears to be growing an additional nose, and clambered all over her joyously.

I was far less than joyous to discover that she'd had a wee in the dining room this afternoon. Especially as she'd had one in the garden only an hour before, and I was in the next room at the time. The little bugger made no attempt to alert me to the fact that she needed to go out. I don't know why she has these occasional lapses. Anyway, I didn't catch her 'in the act' so there was nothing I could do but mop it up and carry on as normal.

I'm not sure what 'normal' is anymore though. I've come to the conclusion that I'm totally screwed-up. I've never been a particularly straightforward person (although I'm a good actor), but I've reached new levels of screwed-up-ness over the past couple of months. I wish I was artistic, then I could opt out of reality and be enormously successfully screwed up. Why is it only artists who can capitalise on going mad?

5 comments:

Flowerpot said...

aren't we all screwed up in one way or another? I certainly am and always have been! And I don't classify myself an artist. Big hugs to you and Tilly. Sounds like you need to get out of that job fast.

Jasmine said...

*gives u a gentle pat on the back*
dun blame yourself for anything.
we all are screwed up, in work or in life. but tat's simply the reason why we need them to be around. Prince and Tilly make you complete and keep you sane.
i'm one person who have many bad days, but i come home to BamBam & Eski - to get the assurance tat i still live for a reason.

hugz to Tilly, and her nose!

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

Every person you meet is screwed up in one way or another but, like you, we all manage to hide it and give the impression that all in life is a bed of roses. If we all just admitted how screwed up we were we'd be a lot better off because we'd all feel better knowing that everyone else really felt like we did. I think.

Em said...

Wot they said. I'm probably a lot less screwed up than I was, but that took quite a bit of effort. Admitting it is definitely the right starting point. Now you've just got to decide what to do about it.

hugs

Em

PS - programmers also get to be screwed up. I think we're still expected to be a bit weird and subversive. Which is cool.

Balboa & Mommy said...

Hey if we weren't all screwed up, life woudl be boring. Maybe Tilly brings some sanity to your life~ hmmmm?!?!?!?

I'm glad her nose is better.

Karen