Tuesday, 25 September 2007

Tilly-less

Tilly is staying at my parents house tonight, as a 'practise-run' for when I have to go up to London for a couple of days next week to ease myself back into the world of work.

Excitement levels were off the scale as usual when she arrived, and she spent much of the evening harrassing my father in the kitchen. He's like the bloody 'pied piper' of the dog world - although he substitutes the tin whistle for the contents of the fridge.

I spoke to 'Grandma' after I got home, and believe she's settled down well, so that's a good sign. Especially considering that she'd had a pee on the carpet in the dining room before I left. This was very strange, considering that she'd had one in the garden only an hour before, and has been to my parents house a good few times before. Oh well, perhaps we were giving off 'vibes' that something slightly different was going to happen later in the evening - like me disappearing without her. She hasn't spent more than a few hours away from me since I got her, so it is quite a big step.

I'm sure she'll be fine though, and hopefully it will put my mothers mind at rest. I think she's petrified at the thought of dealing with Tillys high energy levels and youthful exhuberance. Whilst these things are very real, they're also a joy, and she counters them with a very good understanding of 'down time' and general good behaviour. I think they'll all get on famously.

Tomorrow will be spent cleaning the house from top to bottom, doing a few things that are slightly 'Tilly incompatible', and a paying a visit to the bridge to spend some quality time with Prince.

All being well, and subject to me not having received an exasperated telephone call from my parents at 4am, I'll collect Tilly tomorrow evening......

8 comments:

Kerrio said...

I understand the Tilly-incomptable. I tend to rush round with the hoover when Brian is out walking the dogs.

She'll be fine - she'll havea whale of a time and be spoiled rotten!

Lesley Rigby said...

I haven't been downstairs yet, but we haven't heard a peep out of Tilly all night. On reflection I do think she was trying to tell us she wanted to be let out into the garden, and we put it down to food in the kitchen, before she had her "accident" last night! She was drinking a lot as you commented on her liking our water more than yours. She is a VERY GOOD little girl....of course I haven't been downstairs yet!

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

Fingers crossed all is well and that "downstairs" is still intact!

Flowerpot said...

am sure it will all go well bu tkeep us posted anyway!

Graham, Prince & Tilly said...

Having just spoken to Mother, I can confirm that Tilly is indeed behaving herself perfectly. I believe that she was as quiet as a mouse overnight, and has now taken my father out for a morning drag...

Balboa & Mommy said...

I get very excited when I see my grandparents and then I get very exhausted. Meeting and greeting is hard work.

Frenchie SNorts
Balboa

Linda Seid Frembes said...

Glad that all went well with Tilly's first overnight! What a relief, no?

Flowerpot said...

graham you have an award. hop over to my place to collect.