Tuesday, 4 September 2007

Fruit Bat

I'm beginning to wonder if Tilly might be related to a fruit bat. There are some physical similarities, like the well-developed ears, and black coat, but I think it may go further than that.

We've been in the garden for the past couple of hours, intermittently playing ball, dozing, reading (me) and enjoying the sunshine. During that time, Tilly has hoovered up several windfall damsons (complete with stones), two windfall apples (complete with cores, stalks and probably maggots) and a selection of twigs, leaves and other vegetation. I do feed her, honestly. She also has a penchant for strawberries, nectarines, and sleeping upside down.

Should I contact the Natural History Museum?

4 comments:

Kerrio said...

Does she hang upside down from the trees???

btw - don't let her eat plums/damsons, the pits contain cyanide. Not much - but just not worth the risk! (QB does the same and it gives him the trots!)

Linda Seid Frembes said...

My goodness... what does that mishmash look like from the other end?!? I feel bad for you both.

Flowerpot said...

yes I was just wondering when the results would come through!!

Em said...

One of Mollie's nicknames is Fruitbat!! She loves strawberries, raspberries, melon - not sure about apples. But like QB she gets the trots if she eats too much so her intake is restricted! :D