Friday, 28 September 2007

Catching up.....


I'm sorry if I've been a little elusive over the past few days - it's been a busy time. And I've just read that Flowerpot has very kindly awarded me a 'You Make Me Smile' award!! Thank-you so much! Every time I've made people smile in the past it's turned out to be a little trapped wind, so if this case is different, and doesn't require a dose of Gaviscon, I'm delighted....

I think I should now pass the award onto three others, and they are, in no particular order - Mollies Blog and Blogs from the Dogs. My final choice is Oscars Blog, which, rather like this one, has been very sad, but hearing of an imminent new arrival made me smile - and Oscar too no doubt.....

Tilly thoroughly enjoyed her stay at my parents house earlier in the week, and seems to have allayed any fears about her behaviour and energy levels. She behaved impeccably throughout, with the exception of the minor 'pee' incident. Mother didn't seem to appreciate it when I suggested that Tilly clearly thinks that her house smells of wee, hence her contribution.

Yesterday morning I took Tilly out on our usual walk, and she was overjoyed to find the whole 'pack' out and about. At one stage there were fourteen dogs of various breeds and sizes marauding about. Tilly had an absolute whale of a time, and I thoroughly enjoyed it too. There's something so uplifting about seeing such a large group of dogs doing just what dogs enjoy doing, and getting on so well in the process. Clearly the pecking order is fully established. I'm not sure the couple of joggers we encountered on the way around felt the same way - they looked somewhat intimidated to see a great swathe of dogs approaching at speed!

Today was officially my first day back at work, although I spent all of it working from home trying to familiarise myself with all the developments and changes since I left. Tilly was very well behaved and seemed resigned to the fact that I'd eventually have to rouse myself and earn some tennis balls. Tennis balls are her currency, in the same way that bones were Princes currency.

After much consideration, and assistance from Tilly on the map-reading front, we decided to walk at a friends farm this afternoon. One of the downsides of living in Cheshire is that as a dairy county, you can rarely escape the cows - and with Tilly this isn't ideal. Thankfully, my friends farm is one of the rare arable holdings in the area, so with the exception of a lot of horses, livestock wasn't an issue. She had a great time, and we're now both falling asleep on the sofa....

The Amazing Map-Reading Dog.....

4 comments:

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

THnak you for our award. Oscar certainly knew how to make everyone smile, so I'm sure he'll appreciate this. Thank you for thinking of us.

Your line about your poor mum's house smelling of wee was funny, but poor mum! I'm so glad Tilly was happy with them.

Katy x

Graham, Prince & Tilly said...

For fear of damaged eardrums, physical abuse, and several telephone calls, I think I'd better make it very clear that my Mothers house certainly doesn't smell of wee!! She's very (read obsessively) house-proud, which is why it was particularly funny to pull her leg as to why Tilly might have chosen to have 'an accident' whilst there....!

Kerrio said...

Thankyou for the award - it's very kind of you!

You really know how to win your mum over don't you? ROFL.

First day back at work must be hell, don't eny you at all... but as they say... keeps you off the streets.

Snogs from the dogs

Kerrio & co

Flowerpot said...

what a clever girl she is! perhaps she can teach me to read maps...