Tuesday, 21 August 2007

Yummy Delivery

When we got back from our morning walk, Tilly was delighted to find a range of samples of Burns dog food sitting on the mat. I'm very impressed with their efficiency - I only ordered them yesterday. I fed Prince James Wellbeloved dry food, which he enjoyed mixed with fresh vegetables and some meat, but Tilly would only eat the meat and vegetables. I've also recently found out that JW are very cagey about their animal testing procedures. Now, testing dog food on dogs sounds likes a pleasurable experience to me - but I'm suspicious as to why they're so reticent to give details.

So, having had a look around for a company who are transparent about their ingredients, are ethical in sourcing the meat element, and are aligned with my natural feeding ethos, I have come across Burns. She hasn't tried it yet, but if she likes it I'll be pleased, as I like what I read and hear about Burns dog food. It was also good to get a £5 discount voucher with the samples!

She's flat out at the moment, having spent much of this mornings walk off the lead, and a significant time playing with a lovely crossbreed she's met before, and two English Setters who we met shortly afterwards. She also said hello to a little Norfolk terrier and a Jack Russell. I'm so pleased she gets on well with other dogs...

4 comments:

Em said...

Hope she likes it - if not, try Trophy, they're also ethical & natural and will deliver to your door :D My lot love it (along with meat as well of course :) )

JW used to be really good but then they got bought by a bigger company with dodgy ethics :(

Flowerpot said...

We used to use Burns and Mollie loved it but the only place that sells it is very inaccessible and usually shut when we wanted it! Hadn't thought of getting it online - I must look them up.

Kerrio said...

We feed Burns to our gang and I've always been very pleased with it. The Pork and Potatoe is the onlyu thing that keeps Kubrin (mostly) solid.

Graham, Prince & Tilly said...

Thanks for all your feedback - it's good to hear positive things from totally independent sources!