Friday, 17 August 2007

Watsons Journey


Dear little Watson, who has been bravely battling Lymphoma with his Mum Linda at his side, was put to sleep last night. He seemed like a wonderful character, and clearly had the most loving home he could wish for. He was with Linda and Rich for a tragically short time, through his more mature years, and must have been one of the happiest dogs ever to have come into such a safe and loving environment after what he went through earlier in his life.

I'm sure Prince will be cantering alongside him now, helping him and guiding him on his new journey. They'll be full of joy at how well and fit they feel, and sending lots of love, light and support back to us at this level. I can understand the pain, numbness and shock that Linda and the family will be feeling now - and I'm sure you'll all join me in sending lots of love to them at this terrible time. Thankfully, we're only separated physically, and nothing can take Watson (or Prince) away from his family in spirit.

Linda writes so beautifully, and with such wit and humour, that I hope she resumes blogging when she feels up to it.

2 comments:

Flowerpot said...

Oh poor Linda. I am so so sorry. Is there something about this week? Not that I've met her, but please give her my best. As you say, at least Prince and Watson will be up there having a grand old time.

Linda Seid Frembes said...

Graham,
Thank you again for taking an interest in us. You're right; Watson and Prince can now go prance and play to their heart's delight.

I am taking today to just miss and remember him. It was odd waking up in my bed and looking over at his empty one, knowing that this was the first of many mornings in this new normal. I've cried so much that I can't cry anymore.

But I thank you and Lesley, Prince and Tilly for your support.

As for the blog, I will have to think about whether I will continue. Perhaps I will take a page from you and use it to remember him.... to tell his story until we come full circle.

We'll see.....

-Linda, missing my Watson