Thursday, 23 August 2007

Special Delivery

Tilly was delighted this morning to find that she had received her very first parcel from the postman. Addressed to her and everything!! After careful (read frenzied) unwrapping, she found an exciting 'chuckit', or ball-launcher, very kindly donated by Tealeaf, Boots, Meg, Cleo and QB over at Blogs from the Dogs.

This afternoons walk was punctuated by rather offensive language as I tried to get to grips with it, at a venue very badly chosen for the task. After several miss-launches, and periods of scrabbling in undergrowth for the wayward ball, we got the hang of it and Tilly was overjoyed. Tongues-lolling, we made our way back to the car tired but satisfied. Thanks to Kerio, TDF and family!! I will post some photographs of our exploits soon, but need her recall to be a little more reliable before I can risk being distracted by the camera whilst out walking....

4 comments:

Kerrio said...

You're welcome!

Camera+ chuckit + dog requires at least two people.... trust me!

Em said...

Cool!! We keep forgetting to take ours with us... and pay the price, carrying home a soggy tennis ball (yeuch)

Linda Seid Frembes said...

For the life of me, I can't use a ChuckIt. Rich tells me that "it's all in the wrist" but I keep chucking it at the ground. Oh well.....

-Linda & Angel Watson

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

The Lurchers love their Chuckit - what I really need is someone to invent one that throws two balls at the same time!