Thursday, 16 August 2007

Memory Lane (1)


Barely five minutes can pass without me thinking of my little boy, and I'm still failing to complete a day without some form of outburst - whether it be a few sniffles, a good sob, or a downright breakdown. I think it's time to start introducing you to him as a young boy, when I first got him about eight years ago.

This is the first picture I took of him, with my girlfriend at the time. It's not clear - but means a lot as it's the earliest picture I have. This was our second meeting at the rescue centre, when we decided to take him. I owe a huge gratitude to his mummy, as it was she who pushed for Prince, whilst I was eyeing up a young Beagle. Thank goodness for that. We split up a couple of years later, but she was instrumental in moulding Prince into the little angel he was. It was a really hard time - he missed her terribly, and she him. She did continue to visit for a little while, but it was too hard for all concerned, and more confusing than helpful for Prince. Thankfully, she loved him enough to do what was best for him. Perhaps now I have an idea of how she must have felt at the time - and have enormous respect for what she did.

4 comments:

Linda Seid Frembes said...

I love this photo. That must make you smile every time you see it. I wished I had thought to take a photo of Watson when he came to our house. I still remember him trotting in and inspecting the place. Good memories....

-Linda & Watson

Flowerpot said...

although I know what you're going through is incredibly painful, it's good to get it out. Grieving is such a gut wrenching process, but it's so necessary. A lovely picture and one to treasure. Look forward to seeing some more when you're ready. And I trust you're amassing a portfolio of young Tilly...

shelby said...

What a beautiful boy Prince was, I've been catching up with your other posts today and you are so like me, there isn't a day that goes by without me have a little sob on my own, thinking about my beautiful Benji. I have a photo on my fridge of him and everytime I walk past I either have to stroke the photo or kiss it, how sad is that! But then I look down at my feet and there is this little bundle of hyperactivity called Bailey!! Time is a great healer and we will both get there and be able to remember our beautiful boys with a smile on our faces.

schnozzles said...

Lovely pic! Thank-you for sharing more about his early days, we knew him for such a short time :(