Wednesday, 29 August 2007

Childcare....

I had to laugh at the comments my last post generated. I was particularly amused by the references to shipping Tilly off to my parents house so that I can have some respite. The 'aulds', as I like to refer to them, will be seeing quite a lot of Tilly, as they will kindly look after her during my (thankfully fairly infrequent) visits to the London office when I start back at work. I've already 'booked' them for the first two days of October, when I'll have to go up to town to get get back up to speed on how this work malarkey is conducted. I think they're consumed with a combination of fear, trepidation, and anticipation. Despite her exhuberance, she really is an angel. They came over to my house last night to see her, and she worked her magic as ever by immediately cuddling up between them and falling asleep. What worries me slightly about this is that their visits tend to be after 'the witching hour' of eight thirty in the evening, when Tilly flakes out after a busy day. Her demeanor at the same time in the morning is somewhat different!

It was good to get a couple of 'lurchery' comments too. I seriously considered looking for a lurcher at the time, predominantly as I've been really taken with my friends lurchers, as well as those of fellow bloggers. I may well have joined the ranks of long-dog ownership were it not for Prince gently guiding me towards a funny little black thing with long legs and a damned cheeky face.....

Tillys new harness arrived today, as recommended by Emma, who's just got one for Mollie. It's an Ezydog harness, and I have to say that I'm impressed so far. It seems good quality, comfortable and was easy to fit. It moves around a little on her, but this may be down to my adjustment. She is a funny shape though - the straps that go around her neck could probably do with being a fraction longer, whilst the girth straps are perfect. The larger size would undoubtedly be too big though. She seemed to adapt to it really well, and it's great not to be pulling on her neck. We went on a new walk this afternoon to test it out and it felt much more secure and controlled. We can start getting some more road experience now that I'm not concerned about her slipping her collar as she shies away from oncoming cars.

1 comment:

Em said...

Gosh, bet you're not looking forward to going back to work!!

Glad you're getting on OK with the harness! I found it a little weird round the neck, too, but little adjustments every time we use it are sorting that out. In the meantime the neighbour took Mollie out using the RAC harness we gave her (that is OK for walking but not for in the car) and said it was much much easier!! Smiles all round :D