Tuesday, 21 August 2007

Dumbell Dreams

Tilly has an orange rubber dumbell, as can be seen in the picture on the right. Said dumbell is offered for a game at least 3,347 times a day. Woe betide anyone who doesn't want to play dumbell. I'm having dreams about orange dumbells. I see orange dumbells, hiding behind trees. I fear orange dumbells.

However, even an orange dumbell fails to rouse Tilly after about eight thirty or nine o'clock at night. She makes me laugh in that she doesn't stop all day, and then by the evening she's exhausted. I hope I'm not doing too much with her. Even a border collie cross must have limits. We're currently doing about two hours a day, about a third of which is now off her lead. In between there are the dreaded dumbell games and other shenanegans. I don't intend to increase walking time if I can avoid it, as it would be unfair when I go back to work and probably couldn't realistically do more than a couple of hours walking a day. I don't know, do you think I'm doing too much? She certainly never gives any indication before the evening that she's tired.....

2 comments:

Balboa & Mommy said...

Hey we all have our obsessions, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my hedgehog balls, and I must be chased around the house all day long with one in my mouth.

At least you know what to stock up on and give as gifts, hee hee

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Em said...

I dream about squeaky tennis balls...Mollie has a selection (with and without squeak)stashed in our house, next door, and in both gardens - and we're now on our third tube.