Thursday, 12 July 2007

The Well's Run Dry.......

Prince greeted me enthusiatically when I went to pick him up from the hospital this afternoon, especially considering the additional treatment he had today. In order to treat his cystitis problem he had his bladder flushed out with a drug called Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO). The very idea makes my eyes water! However, I believe that the process was straightforward and Prince wasn't terribly concerned. Similarly, he was also very good when he received his Vincristine injection. Further confirmation that it's probably me that makes him nervous, rather than anything else!

He's been very bright since coming home, but our walk this evening was really frustrating. I'm assuming that, as a result of the cystitis, Prince has the sensation that his bladder is never quite empty. This results in a stop every ten yards or so to spend a good minute or so with his leg cocked, but no resulting wee. I found this really frustrating, but I'm sure Prince found it even more so. As you can imagine, progress was slow even though he was galloping along in-between pit-stops.

After a busy day, and probably a very stressful one, the little one has now retired to my bed. I changed the covers today, so I'm certain it won't meet with his approval and a substantial amount of grit will have been deposited on it by the time I get there.....

No comments: