Monday, 2 July 2007

Visitors


As you can see from the picture above, Prince was somewhat bored by our conversation earlier. It's probably a good thing that he had a nap, as he's been no less energetic on the whole today.

He's been for a good walk and paddle in the stream, played a major role in the preparation of dinner and chewed four rawhide bones this evening. Quite unusually for a dog of more mature years, he's always been obsessed with chewing bones, but over the past few days this has reached new heights. I suspect it's related to his extreme hunger - anything will do! On the plus side, he has the teeth of a four year old!

However, with my income having been slashed to virtually zero since leaving work to look after him, I'm not quite sure how long his four-a-day habit can be maintained. Looks like baked beans for me again......

1 comment:

Chapstaff said...

I'll be thinking of you both on Weds Graham.

I know what you mean about having to starve Prince :-(
It's the little, less important things like that that tend to get to you isn't it.

I've always been guilty of giving my Staffie Cleo human emotions, & have worried what she must think of me when I've had to starve her before an op in the past. :(

She hasn't long to go now......I'm listening to her breathing at this moment....wondering if each breath will be her last........she's quite poorly.

Could I just say what a pleasure it is to read a blog as well laid out as this is, also correct spellings & grammar, makes it sooo much easier to read.

Best of luck Graham & Prince