Monday, 23 July 2007

Uncomfortable Pooch

I'm being driven mad by Princes cystitis problem, so I can't imagine how it's making him feel. Having to watch him straining around the garden for twenty minutes at a time is not pleasant, and he clearly can't get comfortable generally either. He's really restless, shifting position over and over again almost as soon as he lies down. I can't imagine he's getting much 'proper' sleep with such torment either. The Cystaid tablets clearly aren't helping him, and it looks like he'll need another flush with DMSO on Wednesday.

I spoke to one of the oncology vets this morning and went through the list of things that aren't right. Through no fault of his, it wasn't much comfort. I'm taking him in later this afternoon so that they can check him over, but I don't get the impression that they'll actually be doing anything as such. I do want to take him in though, just for reassurance that he's generally OK. I couldn't hand on heart say that his quality of life is great at the moment, so I hope there's some improvement soon. The drug that caused the cystitis, Cyclophosphamide, won't be given to him again. I can't say this makes he or I feel much better though, as I have no idea how long we'll be dealing with the after-effects of it.

5 comments:

shelby said...

Poor Prince, he's had such a good few weeks since starting chemotherapy apart from his cystitis problem. Let's hope that it's just a tiny setback and he'll pick up in the next day or so.
Love and cuddles to Prince

DoGGa said...

Poor Prince indeed - Lets hope he gets better soon :]

schnozzles said...

Hope Prince's cystitis clears up soon and he perks up again.

Graham & Prince said...

Thanks everyone - fingers crossed, he'll feel better in a day or two!

Anonymous said...

I use DMSO topically -- on me. Please do tell more about canine usage. Please