Friday, 22 June 2007

Pet Insurance

Pet insurance - boring isn't it? Make damned sure you've got it though! When I was trying to decide whether to have Prince put to sleep, or try chemotherapy, it was the worst week of my life. I never wanted to have to make such a decision. However, at least I had the option of trying chemo, because my pet insurance would cover the cost. I can't imagine how I would have felt if I'd had to have him put to sleep because I couldn't afford the treatment. No one should be in that position.

Pet insurance is the only type of insurance that I have no problem paying for - even before the Lymphoma was detected, I'd had my premiums back many times over through not having to pay for Princes arthritis treatments. Lifetime cover is important - I use Petplan and they provide this, and lots of other benefits. Dogs Today Magazine has a good article on insurance in it this month - go out and buy it, and then get your pets insured!!!

No comments: