Friday, 29 June 2007

Peace & Quiet


Prince has finally given in for the day and gone to sleep. However, if somebody was to drop a crisp packet six miles away, I'm certain he would hear it and be down the stairs in a flash....!

It's no wonder he's tired - he's barely closed his eyes all day. He had a good walk this afternoon, played with a couple of other dogs and had a paddle in the swollen stream. He then proceeded to supervise every element of the preparation of dinner.

His current food obession knows no bounds. It's a difficult situation, because I'm tempted to give him quite a lot because he's lost so much weight and must be burning a lot of calories with his energy levels being so high. On the other hand, he's always been a little overweight, and I'd like to avoid him gaining weight again. The last thing I want is for him to lose any more weight though.

I'll have to wake him up shortly for his last tablet and visit to the garden, so he probably won't go back to sleep until at least 4am......

STOP PRESS: I've just sneezed. That's all it takes. He's in the kitchen.....

No comments: