Thursday, 28 June 2007

Buzzing...

I'm quite reluctant to say this, because it's so early in his treatment, but Prince seems to be responding really well. He spent all yesterday buzzing around the house, looking for trouble, and has been doing the same today. The improvement in such a short time has been remarkable. Thus far we've had no side-effects besides excessive drinking and the resulting visits to the garden, and an insatiable appetite. I'm still quite shocked at the amount of weight he's lost, but as long as he doesn't lose any more he's at quite a healthy weight now.

We went for a short walk yesterday afternoon, and I got the distinct impression that he was disappointed that it only lasted half an hour. We've also been for a short walk this morning, which he started off like a steam train. I don't want to do too much with him as I'm acutely aware that he's still very ill and there are a lot of demands on his body. Also, I think that because he's feeling so much better, he does tend to realise suddenly that he's actually tired - and tends to fall asleep wherever he may be.

I'm wandering around with a grin like a Cheshire cat - I really didn't expect him to be doing so well, so soon. I need to remain realistic though - there's a long journey ahead and although I hope we don't, I think we probably will have set-backs along the way. One drug that is adminstered as part of the chemotherapy does tend to cause some problems, and that one is yet to come, so I don't want to become complacent. However, I think it's important to live day by day, and therefore I'm happy that he's currently feeling good....

No comments: